A glimpse of Tarrangaua from the water
Best selling local author Susan Duncan
Nestled amongst the gums in Lovett Bay, Tarrangaua sits on the Western Foreshore of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. The house was built in 1925 for Australian poet Dorothea Mackellar.
From the pages of Salvation Creek…
- Stop in at Tennis Court Wharf where Alan the Ferry Master saves Obea,
- Motor past the sailing boats that race in the Woody Point Yacht races,
- If you are feeling energetic, hike up to Flagstaff Hill for magnificent views of the area, or around Scotland Island,
- Take the track from Elvina Bay North Wharf, see Lovett Bay and look across to Tarrangaua in the spotted gums,
- Meet the locals who truly do make this community a wonderful place to live.
Other books by Susan Duncan
The House on the Hill (2016) is Susan’s latest memoir and her life now in the Manning Valley NSW.